Earls Restaurant in Whistler, B.C. is seeking an experience and talented mixologist/bartender (NOC 6512). It’s a full-time position, $12.00/hour. No benefits provided.
As a mixologist/bartender you will be expected to perform the following duties:
• Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and other ingredients behind our bar, and to prepare cocktails and other drinks in a professional manner and ensuring prompt service;
• Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from customers;
• Demonstrate expert knowledge about the cocktail, wine and beer menu;
• Create innovative cocktails and drink recipes;
• Prepare all fruit garnishes for the drinks;
• Maintain the supplies and inventory of bar stock;
• Arrange bottled merchandise and glasses to maintain our attractive displays;
• Replace drink tanks as they are finished;
• Serve all types of menu items to customers seated at the bar;
• Maintain cleanliness and proper operation of the bar and its equipment, wash glassware;
• Strictly adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by the Restaurant Manager;
• Communicate effectively with other staff and customers;
• Collect payment for beverages and record sales;
• Ensure compliance with provincial liquor legislation and regulations, check ID`s of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol;
• Ensure public safety and limit problems and liability by ensuring excessive drinking does not occur, and ordering taxis for customers when warranted.
• Other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
• Must have completed high school;
• Must have at least 5 years of experience as a bartender or mixologist;
• Must have organization skills and ability to prioritize;
• Must be able to work under minimum supervision;
• Must be able to handle stress and work in a very fast-paced environment;
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English;
• Must have excellent communication and organization skills;
• Must have strong mathematic skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including late night and weekends;
• Must have time-management skills and easy-going personality.
To apply, please download, complete and email an application from our employment website at www.earlswantsyou.com, with your resume with skill sets to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to our business address at Earls Restaurant, 220-4295 Blackcomb way, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4. No telephone calls please. Successful and desired applicants will be contacted in the near future for an interview.