At WorkSafeBC we are dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and we support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the almost 2.3 million workers and 210,000 employers in our province.
As a case manager, you will work as part of a proactive, collaborative team of professionals, designing and implementing return-to-work programs for claim cases with a primary focus on early and safe return-to-work for injured workers. You will oversee the management of active cases and provide leadership in the adjudication of wage-loss claims. With care and compassion, you will draw on your ability to develop successful relationships, plan effectively, and provide quality adjudication.
We are actively recruiting for an upcoming spring 2014 training class. Positions will be available in offices throughout British Columbia. Please specify in your cover letter which locations(s) you prefer.
As a qualified candidate, you are able to:
• make timely, independent decisions by applying law and policy to a set of complicated and challenging facts that address benefit, medical management, and employability issues
• provide expertise in managing a varied and complex caseload with input from your team members on medical, psychological, physical, and financial issues
• accurately record, explain, and defend detailed and complex information orally and in writing
• analyze and evaluate complicated information from multiple perspectives and implement lawful and objective decisions
• provide general knowledge of adjudication principles and practices
You possess the following experience and educational background:
• an undergraduate degree
• a minimum of three years of adjudication experience where you independently made complex decisions by analyzing facts and evidence and applying acts, policies, and procedures
• an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
APPLY TO: www.worksafebc.com/careers and click on Career Opportunities. Only applications submitted through the WorkSafeBC website will be accepted.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you’re unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation of your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.