We are looking for a Junior Accountant with exceptional communication skills to join a great team culture for a reputable, industry leader located in Surrey.
The successful incumbent will possess 2-3 years of accounting experience, or Full cycle AP & AR experience and ideally be in the process of pursuing their accounting designation. You take initiative, take responsibility for your work, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Prepare journal entries
• Maintain prepaid and other balance sheet accounts
• Complete bank reconciliations
• Complete various month-end and year-end duties including working paper preparation and GL accounts analysis
• Full-Cycle AR & AP
• HST/GST/PST returns
• Assist with budget preparation as required
• Ad hoc reporting and special projects
Skills & Attributes
• Previous payroll administration experience is an asset
• 1-3 years’ experience in an accounting function
• Completed university degree or college diploma with a focus on accounting
• Experience with Quick Books accounting software package is needed
• Enrolment or completion in professional designation program considered an asset
• Good knowledge of Excel required
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention for detail
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced, team-based environment
Candidate must be pleasant, friendly, courteous at all times with guests and co-workers, must possess good inter-personal skills, team spirit, a positive attitude and be always willing to take on added responsibility.