- completion of Grade 12 or equivalent including grammar, spelling, arithmetic, reading, writing and understanding English
- completion of a recognized building service worker course plus two years related work experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- working knowledge of materials, methods and equipment used in custodial work
- working knowledge of safety procedures related to work performed
- physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities for the job
- ability to communicate effectively at the level required for the job
- demonstrated ability to work at the level of independence and with the degree of initiative appropriate to the position