Title: Industrial Designer
Employer: FYi Design Dept. Ltd.
Location: 1500 Sea to Sky Hwy., Pemberton B.C. V0N2L0
Reports to: President
Term: Full - Time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000/YR for 40 hours/week
2. The Role
The position of Industrial Designer, is directly responsible for aspects of R&D, Industrial Design, Development and the construction of product prototypes of Consumer Electronics Accessories. The position requires technical knowledge and experience of both ‘hardgoods’ (materials and processes made of hard materials that can be machined, injected, or 3D printed) and ‘softgoods’ (materials and processes made of soft materials like leathers, textiles, urethanes etc. that are molded, injected, sewn, bonded or otherwise constructed). The ability to execute complete models and prototypes (blending both hardgoods and softgoods skillsets) as well as commercialization of manufacturing processes at the factory are critical.
3. Key Responsibilities and Functions
• Research and Development of materials and construction processes.
• Design ideation, development, and construction of product concepts.
• CAD Design of prototype tools, molds and fixtures.
• Documentation & technical specifications of construction processes.
• Performance testing and evaluation of materials and/or design features.
• Graphic design projects for products, web presentations and print.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design
• 5+ years’ of related industrial design experience
• Software expertise, including Solidworks, CAMworks, Maxwell Render, Creative Suite 5.5, Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Industry experience in product design, CAD, engineering analysis, technical drawings, brainstorming, ideation & design, 3D printing