Position Status for Instructor:
Seasonal Full Time (Winter Season) => 4-5 days/wk (20-40 hrs) + extra during peak times
*These position's have a start date of Dec 1 2014
You will be responsible for providing a fun & memorable learning experience for children aged 3 -17 yrs old & adults.
Rate of pay: Your rate of pay will be calculated after review of your instructor certification, seasons of teaching & additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items upon your arrival at The Welcome Centre. An instructor with a CSIA/CASI level 2 (Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance/Canadian Association Snowboard Instructors-or foreign equivalent) & 2 years of full time teaching experience will make a minimum of $14.70/hr CAD to $22.50/hr CAD.
*Should an instructor gain add'l certification/experience during employment, their wage may increase beyond $22.50/hr*
Location: Whistler, BC
What you’ll be doing:
• To continually strive to exceed our Guests' expectations & to create memories for guests & staff as the best mountain experience again and again.
• To supervise a group of children for the day on Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain in a variety of activities including instruction, safety, lunch & special events.
• To perform morning registration & afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
• To be familiar with all Ski & Snowboard School programs, prices & lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests.
• To provide written & verbal communication on each child's day to their parents at the completion of each lesson.
• To follow the guidelines & safety rules as outlined in the Safety Manual
• To be responsible for the physical, mental & emotional needs of all children in your care
• To act as a prudent parent in the absence of the child's parent.
• To attend all mandatory training sessions.
• Minimum Level 2 CSIA or CASI or foreign equivalent
• 2 Full Time Seasons (a total of minimum 750 hours ski instructing experience)
• Previous experience working with children
• Ability to work independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that we care
• Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 mths of your start date)
Should you suffer an injury arising out of and in the course of employment at Whistler Blackcomb, and should the nature of the injury prevent you from executing the physical requirements of your regular duties, you will be assigned modified duties as per Whistler Blackcomb’s Return to Work Program. In the event that the injury is such that you are unable to undertake any modified duties, you may be eligible to receive wage loss benefits which are determined by WorkSafeBC.
Reports to: Supervisor and Manager