The Investigations Division is seeking a service-oriented team player to work with case managers and occupational health and safety professionals with a focus on investigating fraud and misrepresentation. You’ll conduct investigations, make recommendations, and pursue enforcement actions up to and including criminal prosecution when appropriate.
What you’ll do
• conduct investigations on complex/sensitive cases and Workers Compensation Act violations that may lead to the imposition of sanctions
• investigate alleged infractions relating to the Workers Compensation Act, the Offence Act, the Criminal Code of Canada and other legislation as required
• assist WorkSafeBC officers with investigations on a variety of subjects including, fraud, misrepresentation, compliance issues, fatal and/or serious workplace accidents, and other matters as assigned
• prepare comprehensive confidential reports for internal use, and the laying of criminal charges
• establish and maintain internal and external contacts to facilitate the investigation process
Is this a good fit for you?
• you’re able to independently plan, prioritize, and manage a large caseload involving multiple tasks and changing priorities, in order to successfully complete investigative assignments
• you communicate clearly, concisely, and sensitively with a variety of individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing
• you’re able to identify, interpret, and analyze issues in a systematic manner using accepted investigative techniques in order to reach an appropriate conclusion
Your experience and educational background:
• a post-secondary education in criminal justice or a related field
• a minimum of six years of experience conducting investigations under a statutory regime
• a thorough and current knowledge of Canadian criminal law, surveillance operations, and interviewing and evidence collection, particularly in a regulatory-investigation setting
• Certified Fraud Examiner designation is preferred
APPLY TO: www.worksafebc.com/careers and click on Career Opportunities. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further. We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals.
Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.