Newleafweekly.com has an immediate opening for a full-time NLE Editor/Video Journalist. This position will be responsible for producing entertainment and character interviews in addition to producing ads client’s products for our website and Wechat/Facebook social media platform.
• Responsible for reporting, shooting and editing entertainment and character stories as assigned by Assignment Desk Editor, Executive Producer or News Producer for use and/or special assignments.
• Shoots and produces video and interviews that are relevant to the story, and assists in generating news ideas.
• Edits raw video in non-linear systems to create webcast high quality video.
• Upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the website and social media pages.
• Produce Ads clip for advertisers.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum 1 year full time journalist/video editor/producer experience required.
• Must have working knowledge of NLE(No Linear Editing) system.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license, along with the ability to drive daily.
• Must be able to shoot and edit under deadline pressure.
• Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively.
• College Diploma or University degree in Journalism, Language, Communication Studies, Radio-TV-Film, or equivalent experience preferred
Note: Only qualified candidates will be informed for interview. Preference will be given to applicants interested in long term employment.