We are looking for an Event Planner to join UvanU International Consulting LTD.
Position: Event Planner (NOC 1226)
Hourly Wage: Between $18~$22 (Depends on experiences)
Working Hours: 35 hrs (Minimum 30 hours per week)
Working Location: #405-609 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6B 4W4
Employer: UvanU International Consulting LTD
Primary Service of Business: Education Consulting and Referral Service
• Meet with professional associations and other groups, agencies, schools to promote and discuss, convention and other services
• Researching markets to identify opportunities for events
• Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
• Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, convention and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
• Edit and design promotional materials.
• Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
• Develop timelines for events, and supervise to ensure that the event follows the correct sequence of events.
• Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
• Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers' invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• Minimum 2 years of experiences in the event planning is required.
• Self-starter and team player are preferred.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• English is a must.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com