• Responsible for the operational functions of our business.
• Plan, organize, and co-ordinate all resources and activities in our locations.
• The work involves but is not limited to: setting targets, achieving goals, and controlling costs.
• Recruiting talent, training plus mentoring and motivating restaurant teams.
• Provide ideas, initiative, leadership and personality to shape the restaurant.
• Completing a thorough walk through of the restaurant and delegating tasks to all employees
• Organizing the restaurant to ensure excellent guest service
• Planning effective work schedules
• Attending weekly meetings with the Management team
• Dealing with concerns, queries or complaints from our guests and staff
• Achieving set sales and profit and loss targets
• Monitoring and controlling costs (food, labour and maintenance)
A Manager ensures that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation of the Denny's Brand. As a key role within our organization, restaurant leadership can be fast-paced, highly demanding and very rewarding. A successful manager will strike the right balance between creating great service for our customers and a fun work environment for our employees.
• Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts
• Willingness and ability to be hands on in all areas of the operation
• Managing staff throughout their shift and providing them with ongoing developmental feedback
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to develop direct reports
• Action orientated with a drive for results
• The ability to maintain composure and decision quality under pressure
• Team-working skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• The ability to work independently
• Problem-solving ability
• Supervisory experience of a minimum of 2 years
• Food Safe/ Serving it Right/ 1st Aid
• Valid driver's license/own transportation
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Salary: To be negotiated (dependent upon skills and experience)
• A Quarterly bonus plan based on performance of the restaurant
• Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
• A competitive vacation plan.
• Meal discounts for family, friends and self
• 3rd Party partnership discounts
• Sandman Hotel discounts for friends, family and self
• Internal advancement and inter division transfers
• Recruiting and Retention Program
• Excellent training and development programs
• Travel and participation in annual and quarterly meetings
• .Financial training in Planning budgets, cost controls, profit margins, variances.
We offer advancement opportunities, and an excellent paid training program. If this sounds like a great opportunity for you in the Hospitality industry, send us your resume.