Lahoo Information Development Ltd. is a Vancouver based multi-media company that provides local residents with massive high-quality and up-to-date life information. We have a website: www.lahoo.ca, and a WeChat subscription account: lahoobignews to interact with users. Our company is experiencing rapid expansion, and will need an experienced Web Designer to join our dynamic team.
• Direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of lahoo website and WeChat platform
• Prepare budgeting and perform cost control for lahoo’s web production
• Hire, train, supervise and coordinate copywriters and programmers, etc.
• Develop website design, architecture, functionality, and system requirements
• Create and optimize website content, appearance and layout by using a variety of graphics, database, animation and software
• Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with programmers, copywriters and graphic artists
• Evaluate up-to-date interactive media software and propose implementation solutions
• Collect user data, predict market trends and report to management for strategic considerations
• Complete other related tasks as required
• Minimum college diploma in web design, graphic arts or related subjects
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience required
• Sophisticated understanding of the aesthetics and psychology of the target audience
• Familiarity with secondary development of popular Chinese social media, such as WeChat and Sina Microblog, etc.
• Mastery of Adobe suites and related illustration tools
• Solid understanding of user-friendliness and SEO
• Extensive experience in team building
• Strong teamwork spirit
Annual salary $48,000 plus applicable performance bonus and discretionary benefits.