Would you like to be involved in a movement? Join us at RootMetrics where we are providing an accurate, unbiased view of wireless carrier and connected device performance. With extensive benchmark analytics, easy-to-use interactive maps and controls, you can compare voice, data and text performance ratings as well as an overall RootScore for each service category. Users can investigate metro-wide performance or drill-down to specific street address. Root measures, reports and scores the true consumer experience of wireless performance using empirical results from our own proprietary systems. Goodbye guesswork. Farewell imprecise carrier-provided coverage maps.
Founded in 2009 in Bellevue Washington by software and wireless industry veterans, RootMetrics collects and analyzes data from a high (and growing) number of mobile devices. Our audacious goal is to fundamentally change the way wireless services are bought and sold by inserting a new selection criterion: the RootScore. RootMetrics offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and much more.
We are looking for someone that lives and breathes backend testing - someone who has tested complex service/server architecture, either worked in big data or itching for an opportunity. As part of our Engineering-QA; you will have an opportunity to work on big data with real-time updates to our front end maps; you will test our backend components (Python), RESTful webservices and data storage (Mysql, Postgres and Mongo). You will also have a plethora of opportunities to research open source solutions in all things big-data.
• Independently create and own test methods to verify backend components (including warehouse)
• Collaborate with Developers & DevOps to perform integration, functionality, scalability/failover and load testing using manual methods and testing tools/scripts
• Coordinate appropriate test environments/instances (AWS) and test configurations
• Participate in development sessions; contribute to design decisions and build effective test coverage to ensure seamless integration of new features with current system functionality.
• Make good technical decisions and completes tasks & assignments under limited direction.
• Determine and develop test approach or strategy to a wide range of technically difficult testing problems
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Education: CS or a STEM discipline preferred
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in software QA
• Extensive experience testing large scale distributed server architecture or data-heavy services (experience testing services in the cloud is a PLUS)
• Fluency with Unix/Linux command line tools is a must
• Scripting with Shell or Python or Perl is required
• Strong understanding of data warehousing is a must
• Fluency with SQL, must be able to construct and execute complex queries
• Good understanding RESTful webservices and JSON
• Good understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP
• Excellent multi-tasking capability
• Exceptional attention to details
• Excellent communication skills
• Track record of learning/researching new technologies
• Understanding of Mongo, Hadoop, AWS/EC2 are a definite PLUS