• Title: Intermediate Accountant
• Industry: Manufacturing
• Location: Surrey/Delta/Langley
• Compensation Highlights: 44-48k per annum with an excellent benefits package
HOW TO APPLY
Email your CV to: 941.IMPACT
One of Vancouver's mainstay manufacturing companies is opening their doors to a motivated and technically strong Intermediate Accountant. The office is positive and bright with a strong team attitude. This is a company with an open door policy where mentorship and the cross training of employees is strongly encouraged. They are well known in Vancouver for many reasons including: an extremely high quality and recognizable product, very low turnover and long tenured employees who genuinely enjoy what they do. Due to the stability within the office, there has been an opportunity for the team to grow very close and perfect their craft. Newcomers to the group will find themselves welcomed into a group of consummate professionals who are able to pass on knowledge that that has been built over many years in the industry.
The Intermediate Accountant will be working very closely with Controller. This Controller is friendly and warm, open to answering questions and mentoring their juniors. They have been described as a fair employer who sets expectations well and helps their employees reach a very high quality of work.
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Payroll and Benefits: Hourly and Salaried payroll, Union and Non Union Payroll, maintain employee records, maintain and reconcile group benefits, reconcile payroll totals to the GL, reconcile year end payroll for T4's, process manual cheques as required, reconcile payroll journal entries, MSP, WCB
• Reconcile credit card statements and points rewards associated with the cards
• Reconcile GL: Balance Sheet
• Assist with Month End and Year End: Journal Entries, Reconciliation, Working Papers
• Ad hoc duties as required. These may include administrative tasks such as reception relief and speaking with vendors
To be considered for this position you must have the following skills and experience:
• Experience processing Payroll (3+ years): Union and Non Union, Hourly and Salaried, using ADP
• General accounting (3-5+ years): reconciliations, journal entries, preparing working papers and balance sheets
• Enrollment in a professional designation program (CMA,CGA)
• Excellent Communication skills: both written and verbal
• Very good excel skills
Assets for this role would include:
• Experience using TimeClock
• Experience in a Manufacturing environment
• Experience using ACCPAC
From a personality standpoint, we are looking for a self-starting problem solver. You need to be someone who likes to figure out the problem at hand but also isn't afraid to ask questions. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow with a stable and well known company in Vancouver if you are the type of person who takes initiative and explores learning opportunities.
The Intermediate Accountant will be compensated with a base salary between 44k and 48k per annum. The company has an excellent benefits package (dental, medical, chiro etc) and is known as been a very fair employer. People who join this company will find it hard to find other opportunities that treat them as well as this company does.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, email your CV to 941.IMPACT
Working with Impact Recruitment:
Impact Recruitment is a career placement firm that works with all of the top employers in Western Canada. Working with Impact Recruitment is easy; we provide a complimentary ser