Expiring: December 31, 2013
Last Updated: October 22, 2013
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
NOC Group: Drillers and Blasters - Surface Mining, Quarrying and Construction (7372)
NOC Job Title: open-pit driller
Date: October 2013
Location: Wolverine Mine- Tumbler Ridge, BC
Reports to: Drill and Blast Supervisor
Grow your career with Walter Energy! We are looking for a Driller to join our Wolverine Operations team in Tumbler Ridge, BC. We offer great benefits as well as training and development.
Walter Energy is the leading global, publicly traded, “pure-play” metallurgical coal producer. Our operations in the U.S., North East British Columbia, Canada, and Wales provide us unique distribution opportunities, enhancing our ability to expand our existing markets. As part of our continued growth strategy we will increase production from our operations meet continued demands for our product. Our organization has a commitment to health, safety and the environment and we believe in mining coal with a view to maximizing shareholder value while respecting the interests of our stakeholders.
Join us and build a challenging and rewarding career in a growth focussed global organization that fosters safety, empowerment, learning and improvement.
• Drill on patterns
• Complying with established methodologies and quality standards related to the drill function
• Escalating issues as required
• Following up with Drill Blast Supervisor regarding maintenance needs
• 2+ years of related work experience, as a driller
• Previous experience in open pit mining industry
• Previous experience operating DK75 Rotary Drill, DML Down Hole Hammer Drill, SKF Rotary Drill, Pit Viper 271 Rotary Drill and T40 Top Hammer Drill
• Excellent Safety record
• Able to work independently
• Physically fit – must be able to safely move heavy drill bits
• A good understanding of drilling and blasting operations
• Working knowledge of explosives used in mining
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
• Good interpersonal skills as well as good written and oral communication skills
To apply for this great opportunity, please email your resume with “Driller-Wolverine” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.