Date: October 2013
Position: Steam Bay Attendant
Location: Wolverine Mine, Tumbler Ridge BC
Job Type: Maintenance
Grow your career with Walter Energy! We are looking for a Steam Bay Attendant to join our Maintenance team at our Wolverine Mine. We offer great benefits, RRSP matching, as well as training and development.
Walter Energy is the leading global, publicly traded, “pure-play” metallurgical coal producer. Our operations in the U.S
., North East British Columbia, Canada, and Wales provide us unique distribution opportunities, enhancing our ability to expand our existing markets. As part of our continued growth strategy we will increase production from our operations meet continued demands for our product. Our organization has a commitment to health, safety and the environment and we believe in mining coal with a view to maximizing shareholder value while respecting the interests of our stakeholders.
Join us and build a challenging and rewarding career in a growth focused global organization that fosters safety, empowerment, learning and improvement.
• Complete daily walk around of work area immediately adjacent to the equipment designated for cleaning/steaming
• Cleaning equipment including but not limited to exterior, undercarriage wheels and castings, engine compartment as required
• Operation of a high pressure steam wand.
• General Workshop cleaning and laboring
• Completion of proper safety harnessing, ladder use and/or securing for safe and proper operation of the steam wand and hose as associated with equipment cleaning
• Communicate and work closely with the members of the Maintenance crew as required
• Other related duties as required.
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Class 5 drivers licenses
• Able to safely operate and drive a vehicle with standard transmission
• Air brakes awareness and/or air bake endorsement
• Excellent customer service and a focused team player
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
To apply for this great opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com
“Steambay Attendant” in the subject line.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.