Position Title: SVP, Global Sourcing, Quality, and Operations
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Store /Department Location: SSC - Vancouver
NOC - 0016
Reporting to the CEO, the SVP of Global Sourcing, Quality, and Operations will be responsible for the development, execution and communication of the global sourcing, manufacturing, quality and commercialization strategy supporting multiple departments in a manner that meets our design atheistic and financial goals and is consistent with our core values. The position will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. Additionally, the role is responsible for providing broad thought leadership and career development for the sourcing, quality and commercialization teams.
Direct Reports include:
• VP, Global Quality
• VP, Global Sourcing and Production
• Director, Product Commercialization
The SVP of Global Sourcing, Quality, and Operations will be responsible for:
• Global sourcing strategy that balances capacity, capability and costing with quality, sustainability and our core values.
• A product quality vision and strategy that incorporates the highest standards in the world.
• Developing strategic vendor relationships with raw materials and manufacturing partners.
• The ability to generate cutting edge ideas in a highly cross functional environment.
• Build strong partnerships with merchandising, design, FP&A and planning to develop, gain alignment and execute the sourcing and quality vision.
• Recruit and develop leadership team to build and support company and functional strategy to realize goals.
• Ensuring that the right infrastructure – organization, process, systems and people – is in place to attain departmental and overall company goals and objectives.
• Support teams in creating streamlined work processes. Focus teams and set clear priorities to deliver against demanding workload
• Leading by example, the highest ethical standard in global sourcing, quality and product commercialization including instilling an ethics of environmental and community sustainability into all decisions.
• Develop and manage Operational Department budgets
• An undergraduate degree is required – in business preferred
Required Skills & Experience
• 15 – 20 years experience in the apparel industry with a focus on sourcing/manufacturing industry
• Strong understanding of design elements (yarns, fabrics, trim, silhouettes) as well as sourcing requirements (raw materials, print, pattern, color).
• A highly sophisticated and deep understanding of key global quality issues in the apparel industry with deep knowledge of industry quality best practices such as JIT, TQM, and Six Sigma.
• Proven track record in product development and raw materials management.
• Outstanding business and financial acumen demonstrated at a vertical apparel retailer.
• Well-established credibility and track record in successful overseas trading, including consistently meeting standards for quality, pricing and delivery.
• Mature judgment and sound decision skills, with the ability to lead a team as well as build consensus between the design, development, merchandising and sourcing organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence external stakeholders.
• Must be aware and supportive of lululemon’s commitment sustainability (i.e
. code of ethics, community involve