Occupational Health and Safety
As an employer, you must provide a healthy and safe workplace for your employees. Get to know WorkSafeBC, the provincial organization responsible for ensuring workplace health and safety in B.C.
WorkSafeBC keeps the safety education of workers and employers up to date and monitors workplace compliance through the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation. The OHS regulation includes:
- legal requirements for workplaces
- policies and procedures for incident prevention
- guidelines for interpreting and following the requirements and policies
- minimum compliance standards (i.e., the procedures and equipment required for ensuring safety on a particular job)
At WorkSafeBC’s Employer and Small Business Centre employers can learn how to register for coverage, pay premiums, maintain a safe workplace and more.
WorkSafeBC also provides the Employers' Advisers Office which offers the following occupational health and safety services using independent specialists:
- compensation issues
For locations of the Employers' Advisers Office see: Employers' Advisers Regional Offices In British Columbia.
WorkSafeBC also provides the Workers' Advisers Office which offers the following services for employees:
- direct assistance with WorkSafeBC claims
- representation in cases involving legal, medical or policy issues