Workforce Training Stream
This stream supports soft skills development or other training that aligns with an employer’s business needs and the needs of the participant’s job.
Please refer to the Workforce Training Stream Eligibility Criteria for a complete list of eligibility requirements for this stream.
Under the Workforce Training Stream, employers may receive 60 percent of eligible training costs, up to a maximum of $5,000 per participant per fiscal year. The employer is required to contribute the remaining 40 percent.
Employers are eligible to receive up to $300,000 per fiscal year (April 1 – March 31). All costs are to be paid for in full by the employer. Before reimbursements are made, receipts will be used to verify that participants do not pay for training or any training-related expenses.
To be eligible under the Workforce Training Stream, at the time of application participants must be unemployed, or employed by the applicant.
Employers will need to ensure participants complete and submit an electronic Participant Information Form (PIF). Participants will be required to disclose their employment status and to identify their job title before and after training.
Workforce training includes, but is not limited to:
- Management skills such as strategic planning, leadership, recruiting and hiring.
- Business improvement skills such as marketing, performance management, communication and sales.
- Other soft skills such as project management, professional communication and cross-cultural competency.
Training cannot be longer than 52 weeks in length. The ETG is not a bursary program and does not fund full diploma or degree programs. Individual post-secondary courses are eligible, but each course should be relevant to the immediate needs of the business and the available job for the employee, and each course must be applied for in a separate application.
The immediate result of the training must be improved job-related skills leading to a job for an unemployed person, or a better job for a current employee. A “better job” is defined as:
- Increased pay
- Promotion or advancement to another position
- Move from part-time to full-time employment
- Move from temporary/casual/seasonal employment to permanent employment
- Increased job security (i.e. training will ensure the participant can maintain employment)
Please review the Workforce Training Stream Eligibility Criteria for more details before applying. Once submitted, applications cannot be moved from one stream to another.
||TRAINING START DAYS
|No longer accepting applications
||Nov 2, 2020
||Jan 1 –
March 31, 2021
||Feb 3, 2021
||April 1 –
Aug 31, 2021
||June 1, 2021
||Sep 1 –
Dec 31, 2021