How To Apply
The Online Employment Services (OES) portal used to apply for WorkBC Apprentice Services Financial Supports is a simple, confidential way to find services and financial assistance to support your apprenticeship training. Visit apprentice training supports online services to:
- learn what kind of support is available
- assess your eligibility for financial assistance
- apply for financial support – quickly, easily and securely
WorkBC Apprentice Services Centre
Important additional information is available about WorkBC Apprentice Services:
- To apply for WorkBC Apprentice Services, you must follow specific instructions. These are detailed in our Notice to Apprentices.
- If you are a training provider, you’ll find more information on the application process and your role and responsibilities in our Notice to Training Providers.
For eligible Apprentices, the process to apply for financial supports is as follows:
- To begin your online application, visit Online Employment Services
- When prompted, use the BC Services Card App or your Basic BCeID to login and start your application
- If you don't have the BC Services Card app installed or don't have a Basic BCeID, follow the links provided in the online application process.
- Once you have completed the questions, submit your application - your application will then be sent to the WorkBC Apprentice Services Contractor
- You will receive an email notification via the OES regarding EI Reference Code once you have submitted your completed application. Be sure to check your junk mail if you don't see it in your inbox
- If you do not receive an email before your course start date, please contact your WorkBC Apprentice Services Contractor for assistance
- Once you have received the email, login with either the BC Services Card app or your Basic BCeID at apply.workbc.ca to retrieve your EI Reference Code
- To apply for employment insurance (EI), visit the Service Canada website at www.servicecanada.gc.ca and click on the 'apply for employment insurance' link. You will need to have your EI Reference Code ready to complete the EI application process
- Once you have begun your training course, the WorkBC Apprentice Services Contractor will confirm with the training institution that you are in attendance. Once this has been confirmed, you will receive a notification that your application is being processed
- Your WorkBC Apprentice Services Contractor will contact you to let you know if you will get financial supports.
- If at any time you have questions or concerns regarding the application process, please contact your WorkBC Apprentice Services Contractor