Access online apprentice financial supports
Important additional information is available about Employment Program of British Columbia (EPBC) Apprentice Financial Supports:
Access existing application
You may be eligible for temporary financial support during the in-school portion of your apprenticeship program. Two types of financial supports are available while attending apprentice class room training:
Part I / Employment Insurance benefits provided through Service Canada.
Part II / Employment Program of BC (EPBC) apprentice Financial Support managed by the Ministry of Social Development and Social Innovation, to assist with your expenses while you attend in-school training and may cover:
- Living Supports to assist with basic living expenses, such as food, shelter and utilities
- Dependent-care / childcare expenses – new cost that is a result of participating in training
- Commuting costs for daily commuting to and from the training location.
- Travel costs for relocation to a temporary residence while in training at the beginning and end of training
- Disability related costs - new cost that is a result of participating in training
- Living Away from Home costs to maintain a temporary residence during training
The ITA offers more information about the range of financial help available to apprentices.
How to Apply for Financial Support
To determine if you’re eligible for Part I financial support, visit Service Canada - Applying for Employment Insurance.
Apprentice Training Supports Online
You must apply for Part II - EPBC Apprentice Financial Supports online through the Apprentice Training Supports Online if any of the following applies:
- you have an employer sponsor or an Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) sponsor,
- you have a union hiring hall,
- you are unemployed with pre-existing ITA registration and are attached to your employer sponsor, but at the time you request financial support, you do not have a specific return-to-work date to attend classroom technical training, or
- you are unemployed and without an employer sponsor, but at the time you request financial support, you have an active ITA apprentice registration to attend classroom technical training. Please note that the ITA keeps registration active for 18 months from the date an apprentice loses his or her employer sponsor.
See more at Apply for financial supports online.
Notice to Apprentices.pdf
Notice to Training Providers.pdf
Step by step guide to applying for Apprentice Supports.pdf