Community Response Stream
This stream is intended to meet the immediate skills training needs of communities facing significant changes in labour needs. Significant shifts in labour market needs may be due to events such as a natural disaster or the closure or curtailment of operations of a major employer. This intake will focus on communities impacted by mill closures or curtailments.
The CWRG program is not intended to meet the same needs as the B.C. Employer Training Grant (ETG). Please carefully review the objective and criteria of the CWRG program before applying. If you are an employer looking to train new or current employees, the ETG program may be the right program for you. Please go to www.workbc.ca/bcemployertraininggrant
to learn more about the ETG program.
- Non-profit service providers
- Local governments
- Major employers in a community with a single resource economy
- Other relevant representatives supported by the community
- Sector organizations training impacted workers for new jobs
Please refer to the Community Response Stream Criteria
for a complete list of eligibility requirements.
- Skills training
- Employment assistance services
- Financial supports for participants such as childcare and transportation
- Training allowance
Unemployed or precariously employed participants obtain full-time employment or become self-employed.
Currently accepting applications from communities impacted by mill closures and curtailments.