Community Response Stream
This stream is intended to meet the immediate skills training needs of communities dealing with major disruptions in their labour market, which are significantly impacting the community. Major disruptions may be due to events such as a natural disaster or the closure or curtailment of operations of a major employer. This intake is focused on communities impacted by mill closures or curtailments.
The CWRG program is not intended to meet the same needs as the B.C. Employer Training Grant (ETG). Please carefully review the objective and criteria of the CWRG program before applying. If you are an employer looking to train new or current employees, the ETG program may be the right program for you. Please go to www.workbc.ca/bcemployertraininggrant
to learn more about the ETG program.
- Non-profit service providers
- Local governments
- Major employer in a community with a single resource economy
- Other relevant representatives supported by the community
- Sector organizations training impacted workers for new jobs
Please refer to the Community Response Stream Criteria
for a complete list of eligibility requirements.
- Skills training
- Employment assistance services
- Financial supports for participants such as child care and transportation
- Training allowance
Unemployed or precariously employed participants obtain full-time employment or become self-employed.
This stream is no longer accepting applications. Other funding streams
are available to support the training needs of those impacted by mill closures or curtailments.