Indigenous Communities Stream
The Indigenous Communities Stream provides funding to communities for the skills training and supports needed to meet local labour market needs.
The CWRG program is not intended to meet the same needs as the B.C. Employer Training Grant (ETG). Please carefully review the objective and criteria of the CWRG program before applying. If you are an employer looking to train new or current employees, the ETG program may be the right program for you. Please go to www.workbc.ca/bcemployertraininggrant
to learn more about the ETG program.
- Indigenous governments, such as First Nations
- Indigenous organizations that serve First Nations, Métis or Inuit people
- The maximum funding per application is $300,000
- The maximum funding per participant is $15,000 per fiscal year (April 1 to March 31)
This amount is cumulative across CWRG-funded projects within the same fiscal year
- Employment assistance services
- Skills training
- Financial support for participants
Unemployed or underemployed Indigenous participants obtain full-time employment or become self-employed.
||PROJECT DELIVERY START DATES
|No longer accepting applications
||Jan 27, 2020 –
March 17, 2020
|April 1, 2020 –
Aug 31, 2020
||May 20, 2020 –
Aug 1, 2020*
|Sep 1, 2020 –
Dec 31, 2020
||Nov 2, 2020 –
Nov 30, 2020
|Jan 4, 2021 –
March 31, 2021
*applications received after July 15th may or may not be considered depending on funding availability.