The Work Experience Opportunities Grant supports an inclusive labour market recovery by providing work experience to those with barriers to employment. The program now supports:
- All individuals qualified to receive B.C. income or disability assistance. What’s this?
- Indigenous individuals on reserve qualified to receive federal assistance
Review the application guide here
for more details on the eligibility criteria.
The grant is available for businesses and organizations to deliver a 12-week work experience placement for up to 10 participants that can include support for:
- Development of life skills
- Development of essential skills
- Skills development that will aid in connection to the labour market
- Enhanced community benefit
Successful applicants are responsible for recruiting their own participants. If you need assistance with participant recruitment, contact your nearest WorkBC Centre for help.
On completion of the 12-week work experience placement, participants can receive WorkBC Employment Services supports to leverage the work experience into other employment opportunities.
Applications are currently being accepted until midnight, March 8, 2021 and are reviewed on a first come, first served basis.