The Work Experience Opportunities Grant supports an inclusive labour market recovery. The grant helps:
- All B.C. income and disability assistance clients.
- Indigenous individuals on reserve qualified to receive federal assistance
Review the application guide
for details on the eligibility criteria.
The grant is available for non-profit organizations to deliver a 12- or 20-week work experience that can include support for:
- Developing life skills
- Developing essential skills
- Developing skills that will aid in connection to the labour market
- Enhanced community benefit
Successful applicants are responsible for recruiting their own participants. If you need assistance with participant recruitment, contact your local WorkBC Centre to help.
On completion of the work placement, participants can receive WorkBC Employment Services supports to leverage their work experience into other employment opportunities.
Applications are currently being accepted until March 7, 2022 and are reviewed in the order they are received.