The WorkBC Wage Subsidy program covers a part of employee wages so employers can hire job seekers and provide work opportunities. Both unemployed individuals and employers in B.C. can benefit from WorkBC Wage Subsidy.
Where to start?
Are you ready to apply?
WorkBC Wage Subsidy – Employers
I am an employer. How can the wage subsidy help me?
Wage subsidy offers employers opportunities to
Subsidy rates range
- Cover a portion of wages for employees
- Re-hire laid off employees
- Hire new employees
- Fill various hiring needs
- Support existing operations or expansion
- Reduce work-related barriers for an employee with disabilities
, depending on an individual’s situation. You can also contact your WorkBC Centre
to discuss the wage subsidy program.
I am an employer. How do I apply for WorkBC Wage Subsidy?
There are two ways to access WorkBC Wage Subsidy. First, find out if you are eligible
. Then you can either:
- Have a candidate for a job? Apply today. It only takes a few minutes
- Have a job but no candidate? Your local WorkBC Centre can help and match you with a suitable local job seeker
WorkBC Wage Subsidy – Job Seekers
I am a job seeker. How can the wage subsidy help me?
If an employer applies for a wage subsidy, a job seeker can get:
I am a job seeker. How do I apply for WorkBC Wage Subsidy?
- Paid work experience opportunities
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities to gain skills and long-term employment
You don't apply for the wage subsidy. The employer applies, however you can:
- Talk to a potential employer about wage subsidy and suggest they apply
- Apply for WorkBC Employment Services and explore if a wage subsidy opportunity is a good fit for you
If you are currently receiving case management services from a WorkBC Centre
, you may be eligible for other supports to prepare for employment and a new job. Contact your WorkBC Centre
to learn more.