Sheet metal workers fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products.
People in this occupation:
- may specialize in the on-site installation or shop manufacture of sheet metal products or in the servicing and maintenance of installed equipment and systems
- work for sheet metal fabrication shops, sheet metal products manufacturing companies, sheet metal work contractors and various industrial sectors
- should have good spatial perception and an ability to pay close attention to detail
- must have good manual dexterity to work with the tools necessary to cut and assemble sheet metal
- should also be comfortable working at heights, as well as have an aptitude for mathematics