Part & Full Time Community Mental Health Workers
Salary: $22.87 - $25.16/Hourly
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title: Community Mental Health Worker
Expires in 75 days
Last Updated: 2019-06-21
Job Number: 568483
2950 Douglas St
Victoria, British Columbia
V8T 4N4, Canada
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Port Alberni, British Columbia
Osanis Counselling and Consulting Inc. is an accredited CARF growing social services organization that is seeking part-time and relief community mental health workers to work primary with young adults with complex needs including developmental, substance use and other mental health disorders as well as challenging behavioral needs. Some of these clients may be homeless as well as may be dealing with court orders. Please visit our website www.osanis.ca to learn more about our company.
The Successful Applicant Will Have:
- A minimum certificate or diploma in related field.
- An asset having direct working experience supporting adults who have various degrees of cognitive impairments, mental health conditions and behavioral challenges.
- An asset having direct working experience working one-to-one in the community supporting these individuals.
- An asset to understand the principles and practices associated with outreach work.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience with maintaining digital and detailed daily logs and paperwork.
- A reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients is a condition for employment.
- Proof of clean driving abstract.
- Proof of proper vehicle insurance for work purposes.
- Proof of current First Aid/CPR
- Exceptional working and personal references.
- Clean background check.
- Suitable smartphone and desktop/laptop computer to complete administrative tasks
- Basic computer knowledge e.g. access internet, Microsoft office, etc.
Job Duties Include:
- Providing one-to-one support at home or in the community in all areas of daily living.
- Supporting best possible lifestyle within client’s rights and preferences.
- Working collaboratively and professionally with supervisor and client support network.
- Ensuring timely and proper completion of paperwork.
How to Apply