Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Database Analysts and Data Administrators (2172)
NOC Job Title: Database Administrator (DBA)
Expires in 62 days
Last Updated: 2019-06-28
Job Number: 572261
1030 W Georgia St
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 2Y3, Canada
Job Title: Database Scientist
Company operating name: Evilnut Creative Technology Ltd.
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $ 31.50/hour
Working Hours: 40 hours/week
- Meet up with our clients and document complex business needs presented by our clients, identify data needs, helping our clients procure or generate data, process, cleanse and structure data before integrating data into database and statistical models.
- Design and develop SQL code and ETL processes to build database architecture and statistical models for our clients, collaborate on the initial installation and configuration of a new database as well as handling the updates and patches
- Build test suites for thoroughly characterizing the performance of database architecture and statistical models, proactively identify and troubleshoot databases performance issues.
- Perform explanatory data analyses, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data and identify patterns, communicate analytic solutions to our clients and implement improvements as needed to operational systems.
- Design and execute overall database policies and procedures, such as creating backup and recovery plans and procedures, setting up and controlling access permissions and privileges
- Conduct database performance monitoring by making configuration changes to the software or adding additional hardware capacity when some part of the system is slowing down processing as well as proactively tuning the system based on application and usage
- Mentor and support the training of technical and non-technical teams in data science and advanced analytics, write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary
- Minimum 3 years of Database related experience, including but not limited to data analysis, data administration and data cleanings & processing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, preferably in information studies, software engineering, computer science or a related field of study.
- Experience in data modelling and/or various data architectures.
- Solid knowledge in at least one of the following fields: machine learning, data visualization, statistical modeling, data mining, or information retrieval.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts and experience with their applications.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills based on analytics, with an emphasis on product development, conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Effective interpersonal skills when interacting with clients, participants and colleagues.
This is a full-time, permanent position. We offer performance-based remuneration and compensation options are negotiable. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply