Technical Support Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: User Support Technicians (2282)
NOC Job Title: Software Technical Support Analyst
Expires in 17 days
Last Updated: 2019-07-15
Job Number: 574432
401 Garbally Road
Victoria, British Columbia
V8T 2K1, Canada
Reliable Controls Corporation is a locally owned and operated company, which specializes in the design and manufacture of Internet-connected, building automation controls. Our innovative products automate building environments, decreasing their impact on our planet. At Reliable Controls we offer a collaborative and engaging environment, where employees are encouraged to learn and grow while contributing positively to the big picture of building a sustainable future together.
We are currently seeking to fill a Technical Support Specialist role within our Technical Support Department. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about providing a high level of customer service while working very closely on a technical side with our team of developers and engineers in Research and Development. This position is a unique blend of responsibilities – Technical Support and Quality Assurance – that will keep the right candidate motivated and engaged in day-to-day processes of testing and supporting new and existing products while building and cultivating strong business relationships with our clients.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our employees:
- A highly competitive extended health and dental plans as well as shared MSP coverage.
- A yearly RRSP contribution on company’s behalf, plus employee contribution matching.
- An annual performance bonus.
- Paid time off to volunteer.
- Free parking, or choose the green transportation option and be paid for it.
- Social Committee events almost every month.
- Substantially discounted membership to a local gym in the Selkirk area.
- Awards and recognition for service and accomplishments.
- Assistance with tuition or skills training relevant to your role.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Front line tech support to incoming calls from our dealer network, mostly on the phone, and some by e-mail.
- Test and verification of firmware and software within our QA department.
- Support internet connectivity setup issues, creation of WAN’s with routers and Reliable’s IP based products.
- To work with internal technical staff to identify potential product issues.
- Troubleshoot problems by replicating, visualizing and analyzing each problem.
- Document trouble tickets, and maintain a database of support issues.
- Understand the application of the software so that all elements of the application can be properly tested.
- Fully understand the Reliable Controls product line, including software and hardware products. Use this knowledge to help people less educated on the products.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical support capacity.
- A Diploma/Degree in Information and Computer Systems, networking or electronics.
- Outstanding communication and active listening skills.
- A strong software and computing background is necessary.
- Solid understanding of IP networks and networking technologies.
- Ability to accurately log, track and manage support calls.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases would be an asset.
- Background in electronics, HVAC controls industry, IT or related trade would be a bonus.
If you feel your qualifications meet the requirements listed above and are interested in joining our Reliable Controls family, please apply with us online: upload your cover letter and a resume along with your salary expectations at www.reliablecontrols.com under "Careers" section. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
How to Apply