Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Personnel and Recruitment Officers (1223)
NOC Job Title: Recruitment Assistant
Expires in 8 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-02
Job Number: 578141
1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6H 3V9, Canada
- Assists with full-cycle recruitment, coordinates a high volume of phone and on-site candidate interviews, arranges travel and accommodation for candidates, initiates employment testing, background checks and prepares contracts and offers of employment using standardized templates for content review.
- Ensures an exceptional candidate experience end-to-end with timely, personable communication throughout the process.
- Maintains all open job postings on websites in a timely manner utilizing in-house and external sources.
- Participates with the onboarding of new employees, prepares itinerary for the employee’s first day and prepares JIRA tickets with new hire’s start date and requirements for IT and space set-up.
- Responsible for maintenance of accurate information into the HRIS and submitting JIRA tickets to maintain accuracy.
- Provides administrative/coordinative support, as needed, for career fairs and recruitment events. May participate in events as a company ambassador.
- Assists in the management and use of external HR sources for recruitment purposes.
- Maintains employee records to include electronic and hard copy files and ensures that information is accurate and up-to-date
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones.
- Provides assistance with corporate HR initiatives and projects as required.
- Provides back up to the other HR team members when needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or diploma in Human Resource Management and a minimum of 2 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management and external associates.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
- Excellent administrative/customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Ability to function professionally with tack and diplomacy during periods of high stress.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult sensitive or confidential nature. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding departmental and personnel matters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. High attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Mac operating systems is an asset.
- Knowledge or familiarity with social media tools (LinkedIn and Facebook) for recruitment purposes is an asset. HRIS experience preferred.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online at https://zymeworks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=204. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply