Salary: $14.00 - $16.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Cooks (6242)
NOC Job Title: Assistant Cook
Expires in 106 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-13
Job Number: 579909
1014 Main Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6A 2W1, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Bodega on Main
Industry Title: Full-Service Restaurants (7221)
Bodega on Main is one of Vancouver's Spanish Tapas Bar and Lounge serving traditional Spanish cuisine from our family recipes. We are currently seeking an experienced Prep Cook to join our team. This is a full-time, permanent position based in Vancouver, B.C.
Duties & Responsibilities
Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment; prepare ingredients to use in cooking such as chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.; cook our meals on menu such as brunch, lunch, dinner and dessert; check food condition consistently while cooking; ensure great presentation for dishes; keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen; ensure all food and other items are stored properly; check quality of ingredients and monitor stock and place order when there are shortages.
- Completion of secondary school;
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ of commercial cooking experience or equivalent experience, or completion of college or other program in cooking or food safety;
- Ability to multitask under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent customer skills;
- Must be willing to work overtime, if needed;
- English communication (reading, writing, speaking) skills are required;
- Ability to communicate in a second language (such as Spanish), is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The position pays between $14.00 and $16.00 per hour, based on a 30 hour work week. Shift work will be required – daytime, evening, weekends and/or holidays. Benefits include 4% vacation pay.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply