Lead Information Systems Analyst
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants (2171)
NOC Job Title: Analyst, Information Systems - Computer Systems
Expires in 8 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-13
Job Number: 580102
3304 33rd St.
Vernon, British Columbia
V1T 5T2, Canada
As the Lead Information Systems Analyst, you will be part of the team responsible for enabling our organizational growth through technology. You will work closely with various departments throughout the organization to optimize and implement more efficient systems and processes.
Your problem-solving skills will help you to turn business requirements into feasible solutions. This is a hands-on position requiring a solid functional and technical configuration background as well as great relationship building skills. The core focus of this role is to provide outstanding customer service with a focus on making things easier and more intuitive to our product teams.
Engage with our clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions, and provide advice on information systems strategy, policy, management, security and service delivery.
- Assess physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware, and develop policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Maximize the efficiency, effectiveness and overall quality of software products and information systems.
- Participate in reviews of business/system analysis processes and procedures, and have an active role in the development of enhancements to support service optimization.
- Support a variety of projects through configuration setup requirements, test scenarios and ongoing technical support.
- Participates in regular department and management meetings to discuss current activities and provide an advanced level of input and expertise on problems and issues. Provides input to reports regarding status of assignments, ensuring supervisor is alerted to any related issues or concerns.
- Maintain a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the organization.
- Maintain compliance with all audit and risk management requirements and all other internal policies.
Required Skills, Experience, Qualifications, and Values:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems.
- Several years or more experience in working/managing IT.
- Experience leading geographically dispersed team.
- Experience as a software developer.
- Certification in IT Software Management
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL, MS SQL Reporting Services, and business analytics solutions.
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Advanced knowledge of the concepts, theories, practices and techniques of the information technology field, with emphasis on business systems analysis.
- Advanced technical knowledge and skills to provide expertise to business systems analysis, and understand the relevant programming language, products and tools.
- Solid understanding of business functions across the organization so experience working/managing in a printshop/print studio is a must.
- Solid research, analytical, and problem-solving skills to actively participate in development of complex business solutions.
- Advanced understanding of the project management cycle to provide input at key intervals, and to manage client expectations throughout the life of each project.
- Passion for problem solving
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Solutions & growth oriented
- Great team player
How to Apply
Contact: Joshua Bartholomew