Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Payroll Clerks (1432)
NOC Job Title: Pay And Benefits Administrator
Expires in 47 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-13
Job Number: 580117
1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6H 3V9, Canada
· Administers the company’s employee benefit programs in Canada including Group RRSP, Group Non-Registered Savings Plan, Extended Health and Dental Plan, Group Medical Services Plan, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and legislation.
· Processes enrolments, explains coverage, responds to plan questions, modifies/terminates coverage and ensures Finance and policy service providers are kept up-to-date on employee changes.
· Monitors and ensures the benefits data integrity.
· Surveys market data used in the determination of the company’s competitive position in employee benefits.
· May assist in the planning, developing, and redesigning of the company’s benefits programs and analyzing benefit costs.
· Participates in the onboarding of new employees, conducting benefit overview and presentation to new hires.
· Responds to ad hocquestions from employees and managers regarding benefits, policies and procedures and other HR-related initiatives. Prepares benefit reports at the request of department managers or Vice President, Human Resources.
· Provides back-up to the HRIS Analyst; enters, maintains and updates information in the HRIS ensuring data is complete and accurate.
· Provides back-up to the Manager, Total Rewards; liaising with payroll to ensure payroll-affecting information is processed accurately and on time.
· Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones.
· Provides assistance with corporate HR initiatives and projects as required.
· Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
· University degree and a minimum 2 years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hold or is working towards a CPHR/CEBS designation is an asset
· Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented
· Excellent administrative/customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Ability to function professionally with tact and diplomacy during periods of high stress
· Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to educate and inform others
· Ability to exercise professionalism, sound judgement and discretion when handling issues of a difficult sensitive or confidential nature. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding departmental and personnel matters
· Analytical skills and high attention to detail
· Previous experience with HRIS
· Proficiency with MS Office. Experience with Mac operating systems is an asset
How to Apply