Research Associate II, Pharmacokinetics (ELISA - Analytical Assay Development)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Biologists and Related Scientists (2121)
NOC Job Title: Biologist
Expires in 83 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-13
Job Number: 580727
1770 W 7th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6J 4Z9, Canada
1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6H 3V9, Canada
Zymeworks is seeking a highly-motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company. In this position, the primary role and focus of the Research Associate II will be to develop, validate and perform ELISA and immunoassays, applied to the characterization of biologics. GLP experience in the use and development of ELISAs and immunoassays in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment will be particularly useful.
This position will report to the Scientist, Pharmacokinetics and will be based in Vancouver, BC.
- Leads or assists in development of plans and protocols. Recommends technical strategies and approaches to meet identified research needs.
- Develops, performs, and troubleshoots more complex analytical methods for the characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics.
- Makes detailed observations, maintains records, describes methods, prepares data and analysis and summarizes results.
- Generates high quality method and study protocols for internal programs.
- Completes study reports and maintains adequate experimental records in compliance with company’s standards.
- Executes sample management from receiving, to sample organization and archiving, while maintaining satisfactory records throughout the process.
- Assists in oversight of laboratory activities and mentors technical staff in the development and execution of studies.
- Implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies and maintain laboratory state-of-the-art practices.
- Performs routine testing in ELISA and IP assays with a high degree of reliability, efficiency and accuracy.
- Reviews, interprets, analyzes, evaluates, and presents data on assigned studies, with minimal assistance from senior scientific staff.
- Performs tabulation of study data, as required.
- Writes operating procedures and other documents, as required.
- Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Biochemistry/Biology/Biotechnology or related scientific discipline and a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ related experience within a pharmaceutical industry, contract research, or academic research or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results oriented
- GLP experience in the core competencies of characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics
- Strong experience with characterization and analysis of biotherapeutics (antibodies, FC-fusion proteins and ADCs) using analytical laboratory tools and methodologies, immunoassays in particular
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of anticipating and recognizing potential problems within experimental designs and effectively communicate alternatives
How to Apply