Associate Lab Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Administrative Officers (1221)
NOC Job Title: Co-Ordinator, Office Services
Expires in 52 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-15
Job Number: 581003
1385 West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6H 3V9, Canada
About this position
We are seeking a highly-motivated Associate Lab Coordinator who will efficiently support all day-to-day lab operations within Zymeworks’ R&D lab. This position does not entail any research work. The successful candidate will assist all lab users to ensure a well-organized, safe and productive work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements.
The Associate Lab Coordinator will receive and keep inventory of temperature sensitive samples as well as lab supplies while working closely with Supply Chainandmembers of the lab. The position will involve other operational tasks like coordinating reagent and waste management as well as other lab services, keeping a chemical inventory and assisting the Senior Lab Coordinatorwith equipment maintenance.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced laboratory environment, is self-motivated with a proactive, problem solving approachand takes pride in supporting others.
This position will report to the Senior Lab Coordinator and will be based in Vancouver, BC
· Receives and notifies personnel of inbound material and sample shipments andmanages inventory.
· Manages lab storage and receiving locations, re-stocks shelves and breaks down packaging.
· Assists in managing lab consumables inventory and requests.
· Coordinates gas and hazardous waste management, re-orders supplies, monitors volume and schedules deliveries and pick-up with vendors.
· Coordinates lab services such as lab coat laundry and dry ice deliveries.
· Maintains the chemical inventory and MSDS database.
· Assists the Senior Lab Coordinatoras required.
· Works closely with other members of the lab to maintain an efficient and well-organized laboratory. Ensures work areas are well-maintained, clean and tidy.
· Conducts all activities in accordance with scientific standards, OH&S regulations and established policies and practices.
· Manages other day-to-day lab operational tasks, running autoclave, assisting with equipment maintenance and other lab related tasks.
· Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees and management.
Qualifications and Experience
· Diploma or equivalent in either Health Sciences, Natural Sciences or Business and up to 2 years related experience in a laboratory environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
· Good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results-oriented.
· Ability to efficiently manage multiple simultaneous projects.
· Strong customer service skills with a proactive, problem solving approach. Demonstrates initiative.
· Basic laboratory experience and technical proficiency, comfortable working in a scientific or laboratory environment.
· Experience using an inventory database.
· Experience with storage and handling of temperature sensitive materials.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
· Proficiency with MS Office.
· Must hold or be willing to be trained on WHIMS and Biosafety.
· Must have the physical strength to lift and move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply