Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Metal Framer - Carpentry
Expires in 5 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-20
Job Number: 582153
450 Mount Paul Centre Way
Kamloops, British Columbia
V2C 5R7, Canada
Looking to escape the elements and work indoors year-round at a plant-based workplace? Are you a tradesperson who is motivated to deliver high quality products with a focus of safety? Do you thrive in a team environment and want to grow with a company? Join Horizon North now.
Horizon North provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential products and services to meet the needs of our customers across Canada. Our Modular Solutions division integrates modern design concepts and technology with state of the art, off-site manufacturing processes; producing high quality building solutions for commercial and residential offerings including offices, hotels, residential structures and retail buildings.
The Exterior Finisher is responsible for assisting in the construction of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, steel and other materials. Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, the regular shift for this position is Monday to Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
- Fabricate metal using the slitter and the break.
- Size and bend metal flashings according to specifications.
- Install and fabricate ductwork as needed.
- Direct workload for apprentices.
- Package and store flashing profiles.
- Organize the metal shop for efficiency.
- Custom sheet metal jobs as required by customers and as directed by Production supervisor.
- Install exterior siding as needed.
- Required to work with the following tools: sawzall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills and air tools.
- Clean and store tools and equipment and clean work sites.
- Complete daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre-Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Education background normally equivalent to high school is required.
- Knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry is considered an asset.
- 4-8+ years of related knowledge and experience.
- Experience as a carpenter and/or sheet metal worker is required.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management, and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven setting.
- Able to work individually and as a team member.
- Able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- This is a manual intense position that will require standing/walking for long periods, heavy lifting, working at heights when required and use of personal protective equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Plant based working conditions – work indoors year-round.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for you to thrive in a diverse, innovative and safe environment.
How to Apply