Framer, Carpenter (Afternoon Shift)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 3
NOC Group: Carpenters (7271)
NOC Job Title: Framer-Carpenter
Expires in 1 days
Last Updated: 2019-08-21
Job Number: 582161
450 Mount Paul Centre Way
Kamloops, British Columbia
V2C 5R7, Canada
Horizon North provides a full range of industrial, commercial, and residential products and services to meet the needs of our customers across Canada. Our Modular Solutions division integrates modern design concepts and technology with state of the art, off-site manufacturing processes; producing high quality building solutions for commercial and residential offerings including offices, hotels, residential structures and retail buildings.
We are currently seeking fully skilled Framers with 8+ years’ experience. The Framer is responsible for the construction, erection, installation and repair of structures and components of portable buildings that are made of wood, wood-substitutes and other materials. Based in our Kamloops manufacturing plant, the regular shift for this position is Monday to Thursday, 4:00 PM to 2:30 AM. Hours of work and shift schedule may be modified subject to business requirements.
This position is Safety Sensitive and will require Drug and Alcohol testing as a condition of employment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, when necessary.
- Start and complete jobs according to drawings and within the allotted time frame.
- Measure, cut, shape and assemble wood materials and drywall.
- Build walls and install partitions.
- Build built-in-place flat roofs, install insulation and vapour barrier when required.
- Understand all safety procedures and processes of work place.
- Provide general help and labour to all trades and subcontractors.
- These tasks require work with the following tools: sawzall, skill saw, chop saw, table saw, radial arm saw, drills, drill press and air tools.
- Fueling, light servicing, and general maintenance on equipment, when necessary.
- Operate equipment when necessary upon receiving certification.
- Clean, organize and store tool and equipment while maintaining a clean work site throughout the day.
- Complete daily Job Hazards Assessments and Pre-Job Task Hazard Analysis forms.
- Assist with HSE documentation and clerical duties when required.
- Assist with receiving, inventory, deliveries and documentation of materials.
- Wear the required Personal Protective Equipment at all times during work hours.
- Other duties as required.
- Education background normally equivalent to high school is required.
- Knowledge of the construction/manufacturing industry is considered an asset.
- 8+ years of knowledge and experience in the carpentry trade.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ carpentry-related work experience of the carpentry trade.
- Able to operate all hand and power tools required to perform tasks specific to trade.
- Able to demonstrate organizational, time-management and decision-making skills.
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a fast paced, deadline driven setting.
- Able to work individually and as a team member.
- Able to safely and comfortably carry out physical duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to health/safety of self and co-workers.
- This is a manual intense position that will require standing/walking for long periods, heavy lifting, working at heights when required and use of personal protective equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Plant based working conditions – work indoors year-round.
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for you to thrive in a diverse, innovative and safe environment.
How to Apply