Green House Workers
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 225
NOC Group: Nursery and Greenhouse Workers (8432)
NOC Job Title: Greenhouse Worker
Expires in 101 days
Last Updated: 2019-09-05
Job Number: 584389
9256 Somers Road
Port Alberni, British Columbia
V9Y 8N8, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: 1135015 BC Ltd.
Industry Title: Greenhouse, Nursery, and Floriculture Production (1114)
1135015 BC Ltd. looking for a high volume of Green house workers who possess a positive, a strong work ethic and have the ability to take and follow instructions. This is a permanent opportunity located at Port Alberni, BC for the right individuals. The position will include transplanting, watering, pruning, moving, deboning, hanging, drying and of cannabis, maintaining personal hygiene, and work space cleanliness in accordance with Health Canada Standards.
Title: Green House Workers
No. of Positions: 225
Location: 9256 Somers Road, Port Alberni, BC, V9Y 8N8
Compensation: $13.85 per hour
Work Hours: 8 hours a day/40 hour a week
Core duties of Green House workers:
- Preparation and maintenance of soil
- Follow planting guidelines regarding soil depth and composition, germination time, and moisture levels to ensure that the majority of seeds and cuttings grow fully into plants
- Spraying the plants to prevent pests and disease
- Harvesting the plants including transporting, potting and labelling them
- Recording and maintaining information about the plants and their growths
- Inspecting plants to assess quality,
- Maintain flower light cycle (12 hours of light and 12 hours of complete darkness)
- Keeping air & water temperature under control.
- Regulating the greenhouse conditions to ensure conditions are suitable and irrigation systems are running smoothly
· No formal education is required
· No experience is required as on-job training will be provided.
· No specific language is required.
· Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons already legally authorized to work in Canada.
How to Apply:
How to Apply