Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Purchasing Managers (0113)
NOC Job Title: Purchasing Manager
Expires in 109 days
Last Updated: 2019-09-11
Job Number: 585935
#110-111, 8277 129 St.
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 0A6, Canada
Purchasing managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.
- The designation Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
- Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.
How to Apply