Youth Addictions Worker
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Community and Social Service Workers (4212)
NOC Job Title: Youth Worker
Expires in 1 days
Last Updated: 2019-10-09
Job Number: 591090
4802 Hwy 97 N
Williams Lake, British Columbia
V2G 4P2, Canada
This is a full time position working with the Youth & Family Inhalant Program. The hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm.
The Nenqayni Wellness Centre is a residential alcohol and drug treatment centre funded by First Nations Health Authority and fully accredited. This is a national program for Indigenous female youth age 13-18.
Nenqayni is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about holistic well being, providing quality care and who look forward to being part of a transformational healing team!
Nenqayni offers ongoing training to upgrade skills.
Duties would include: developing and facilitating workshops, support of recreation, crafts, cultural activities. Participating alongside youth during cultural activities, daily activities and counseling opportunity.
It is an asset if you have any of the following:
- Counseling qualifications and experience
- Current First Aid
- Cultural skills and teachings
- On the land knowledge
- Dedicated to your own personal growth and well-being
- Trauma informed training
- Mental Health Training
- Emotional Intelligence Training
- Leadership & Communication skills
Preference will be given to First Nations female applicants.
Applicants must have:
- Experience working with Indigenous persons
- Experience working with youth who have addictions
- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training or willing to obtain
- Cultural Safety Training or willing to obtain
- Reliable vehicle with Class 5 Driver's Licence and willing to obtain Class 4 DL within probationary period
Applicants will need to submit a Drivers Abstract and fill out Criminal Record Check form (if chosen for an interview).
How to Apply
Contact: Sharon Duffy