Housekeeper/Dietary Aide ($14.70/hour)
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Visiting Homemakers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (6471)
NOC Job Title: Housekeeper
Expires in 23 days
Last Updated: 2019-10-10
Job Number: 591264
Victoria, British Columbia
We are Canada’s leading food service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Our associates impact the lives of millions of people across Canada each year by serving delicious, nutritious meals and by providing cleaning and maintenance services in a variety of key markets including education, healthcare, business and industry, sports and leisure.
One of our divisions -Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for casual Housekeeper/Laundry Aide for James Bay Care Center in Victoria, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
Why work with us!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Competitive Pay.
- Full Training and Development Courses.
- Recognition and Awards Program
- Employee Rewards Program.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring. If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- Dust all ledges, moldings, windowsills and horizontal surfaces in resident's rooms.
- Wipe down counters, sinks, toilets & cupboards in bathroom areas.
- Sanitize toilets, sink handles and door knobs.
- Remove all garbage from resident rooms and common areas.
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed.
- Clean office areas and common areas.
- Check all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators and mezzanines and clean as required.
- Respond to emergency cleanups as required.
- Assist with laundering of resident linens.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Other reasonable requests from management.
Shifts: 7:30 am-4 pm (2 days off)
Compensation: $14.70 per hour
Start Date: ASAP
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Current First Aid – Level 1 for industry certificate
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset.
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to stand on feet for long period of times.
- Ability to stay calm in emergency situations.
- High School Diploma.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results will be required. **
ompass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
How to Apply