Dining Room Team Lead
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: None
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Food Counter Attendants, Kitchen Helpers and Related Occupations (6641)
NOC Job Title: Kitchen Helper
Expires in 23 days
Last Updated: 2019-10-10
Job Number: 591266
Victoria, British Columbia
We are Canada’s leading food-service and support Services Company with over 24,000 associates working across the country and $16 billion USD in revenues.
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Dining Room Team Lead for Berwick Royal Oak in Victoria, BC.
Marquise Hospitality, a Division of Compass Group Canada, specializes in hospitality services; food, housekeeping, laundry, maintenance and reception services. Currently we employ over 3,000 employees in over 110 different locations across Canada providing services to Senior Living facilities, Independent, Assisted and Residential Care.
We are seeking candidates who believe our service promise of putting Resident First (R1) by Connecting, Serving and Caring.
What’s in it for you?
- Recognized as “2019 Best Workplaces in Retail & Hospitality”!
- Endless Advancement Opportunities!
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Competitive Pay!
- Full Training and Development Courses!
- Recognition and Awards Program!
- Variety of Shifts!
- Employee Rewards Program (savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance and etc.)
As one of our Dining Service Team lead, you will be responsible for:
- Taking orders and serving meals following elevated customer service standards.
- Setting tables & prep working and service areas and food.
- Preparing breakfast and snacks food items when necessary.
- Portioning beverages and food items following quality presentation standards.
- Following proper handling procedures for food.
- Following proper handling procedures for chemicals.
- Maintaining a clean work space at all times.
- Following directions from Manager or designate.
- Attending meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Requesting cleaning equipment, maintain & organize cart & equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you’re an individual who lives the promise of “warm and caring experience that starts with ME,” then we want YOU!
- Must have Food Safe Certificate –Level 1.
- Must have Serving It Right.
- Previous experience in the healthcare environment an asset.
- Previous serving and food preparation experience is good to have.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Able to communicate with managers, other employees and residents.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform a significant amount of lifting, walking, bending, stooping and stretching to carry out job duties, cleaning tasks and operate equipment on a daily basis.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required. **
- Compensation: $16.00/hour plus shift premium when on a Team Leader shift
- Hours per week: 25-40 hrs
- Shifts: Various between 6:45 am-8:15 pm
- Start date: As Soon As Possible
- Location: Victoria, BC
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly and equitably which includes providing accommodation. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) is also an operational priority. Safeguarding the health and safety of our people and customers is essential to the success of our business.
Learn more about us at www.compass-canada.com!
How to Apply