1st Class Chief Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Stationary Engineers and Auxiliary Equipment Operators (7351)
NOC Job Title: First-Class Stationary Engineer
Expires in 111 days
Last Updated: 2019-11-08
Job Number: 595901
Vancouver, British Columbia
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: N/A
Industry Title: Water, Sewage and Other Systems (2213)
Our client, an established recycler, is seeking a 1st Class Chief Engineer to join their team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of all steam plant systems and equipment, as well as other utilities throughout the facility. The Chief Engineer is a key leadership position responsible for supervision and people management of a team of Shift Engineers including supervision, performance management, training and recruitment. In return, our client is offering a competitive base salary, excellent benefits, flexible work schedule and relocation assistance for the right candidate. If you’re looking for a key leadership role with a reputable and stable company, this is the role for you! If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535. To apply, submit your resume online now!
Salary: Up to $130,000 depending on experience, plus eligibility for annual bonus .
- Extended health benefits after 3 months plus 100% GRRSP matching of up to 7% of earnings.
- Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate.
Education: Valid Technical Safety BC Class 1 Power Engineer Certificate required or inter-provincial equivalent which must be transferred to BC.
- 7 years of progressive experience in a plant operation environment (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance, and administration) or similar industry.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience for a steam plant or equivalent ticketed trade.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written, with strong communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined and able to perform routine maintenance tasks.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Suite and other maintenance software applications.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain all steam plant equipment and systems, ensuring that boilers and pressure parts comply with Technical Safety BC and company standards.
- Lead major incident investigations in relation to the steam plant systems or processes.
- Liaise with plant chemical supplier technical representatives and management for both boiler water and waste water testing.
- Act as a liaison between Management and the workforce to keep Operations Manager informed; maintain highest possible level of employer-employee relationship.
- Recruit, hire and train the necessary personnel to staff of the department to the forecasted level of operation.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull heavy equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance.
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily.
- Adaptable to adverse conditions – confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and exposure to animal by-products
How to Apply