Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Practitioners of Natural Healing (3232)
NOC Job Title: Chinese Medical Practitioner
Expires in 18 days
Last Updated: 2019-11-12
Job Number: 596004
110-1595 Mckenzie Ave.
Victoria, British Columbia
V8N 1A4, Canada
Established in Victoria, BC, Canada in 1999, Royal Pacific Institute Ltd. DBA Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology is Victoria's oldest and most well established college of traditional Chinese medicine. We have been accredited by the Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education of BC (PTIB, formerly PCTIA) since November 2001. We offer authentic Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) educations. We also operate two clinics to serve the public. Currently, we are looking for a full-time Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner.
Company operating name: Oshio College of Acupuncture and Herbology
Business addresses/locations of work: 110-1595 Mckenzie Ave., Victoria, BC V8N 1A4
100-3491 Saanich Rd., Victoria, BC V8X 1W8
Job title: Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner (NOC #3232)
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: $24.5 per hour
Terms of employment: this is a permanent full-time position
Language of work: English
· Greet patients, schedule appointments using manual or computerized systems, receive and record payment for services, and direct patients to appropriate areas;
· Interview patients to obtain and process information including asking questions relating to patient’s current symptoms, past treatments, family medical history, diet, digestive system, sleeping patterns, and emotional health, performing tongue and pulse diagnosis to determine how energies are flowing in the body;
· Diagnosis the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients by Traditional Chinese Medicine theories (Visual inspection, listening and smelling, inquiry, and pulse diagnosis);
· Treat patients by the insertion of acupuncture needles or through stimulation techniques such as Acupressure, Moxibustion, Cupping therapy, Guasha therapy, Bleeding therapy or electric stimulation;
· Provide herbal formula prescription and treat patient using raw herbs and herbal compounds;
· Advise patients on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions;
· Give patients recommendations on physical exercises and dietary.
· Completion of a three- to four-year diploma or degree in traditional Chinese medicine from a recognized medical school is required;
· Must pass the license exam by College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners & Acupuncturists of British Columbia (CTCMA);
· Must be a Registered Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner to practice in BC;
· Previous experience works as a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner is a strong asset;
· Extensive experience in communicating the treatment plan to patients;
· Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and are able to provide excellent customer service, build long-term relationships with team members and patients.
Contact information: by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
To apply, please send your resume in PDF or Word format. We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply