Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Contractors and Supervisors, Carpentry Trades (7215)
NOC Job Title: Carpenter Supervisor
Expires in 38 days
Last Updated: 2019-11-29
Job Number: 598977
Unit102, 12940 80 Avenue
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 3B2, Canada
- Oversees and participates in repairs and improvements to facilities as needed.
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of carpenters who construct, renovate and maintain structures of wood and other building materials to ensure safety and quality in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other workers.
- Estimate and purchase tools, materials, equipment and supplies as necessary to perform assigned duties and tasks.
- Resolve work problems and recommend work measures to improve productivity.
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are followed.
- Conform to an established work schedule.
- Able to read blueprints and drawings.
- Completion of secondary school.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in the related field.
Reading the text, document use, numeracy, writing, working with others, problem-solving, decision making, critical thinking, multi-task, and team player.
Standing, walking, moving, carrying, bending, kneeling, reaching, and handling.
Aboriginals, visible minorities, indigenous people, and newcomers to Canada are welcome to apply for this position
How to Apply