Clinical Counsellor, Mental Health and Wellness Outreach (Campbell River, BC - Quinsam)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Social Policy Researchers, Consultants and Program Officers (4164)
NOC Job Title: Consultant, Social Services
Expires in 10 days
Last Updated: 2019-12-11
Job Number: 600866
Campbell River, BC
Campbell River, British Columbia
V9H 0A1, Canada
The Clinical Counsellor works in a community outreach setting and is a valuable partner to all communities of the Vancouver Island Region of the First Nations Health Authority. The role provides advanced level expertise in community-based clinical services specific to mental health and wellness with communities from across the Vancouver Island Region.
As a valued partner of the team, this position provides mental wellness consultation services for communities, health staff, and the mobile outreach team. The Clinical Counsellor practices from an Indigenous worldview that recognizes and respects the values, beliefs and customs of individuals, families and communities as well as adhering to best practices current to the field. This role is mobile across the Vancouver Island Region and attends to individual, family and community mental wellness needs across multiple community sites.
Union Code : PIP (Prof Instit of Public Srvc Cda)
Hours per week: 37.5
• A Master’s degree in Counselling, Psychology or a relevant human services field
• Up to date registration and in good standing with professional regulatory body
• Advanced training in threat/risk assessment and/or trauma response Occupational Certification
• Current valid B.C. driver’s license and willingness to submit a driver’s abstract
• 5 to 7 years of experience working with complex social systems or an equivalent combination of experience and education
• Minimum of 2 years working with threat/risk and trauma assessment, intervention and post-vention
• Experience working with First Nations people and communities
Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in FNHA!
For more information about us, please visit: www.fnha.ca/about/work-with-us
If you have any inquiries or issues please contact FNHA Recruitment at email@example.com or 1-844-699-3186.
How to Apply
Contact: FNHA Recruitment