Technical Support Specialist
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Technical Sales Specialists - Wholesale Trade (6221)
NOC Job Title: Technical Sales Specialist
Expires in 22 days
Last Updated: 2020-01-03
Job Number: 603225
124 Garden Avenue
North Vancouver, British Columbia
V7P 3H2, Canada
Innotech Medical Industries Corp. is an OEM with in-house R&D. We manufacture digital radiography solutions for both veterinary and human medical market. We support our products through our in-house technical support over calls, emails or ticketing system. Our system comprises of hardware driven by smart software. The technical support specialist requires having a great knowledge and understanding of electronics and computer systems.
Job Type: Full time
· This involves testing, troubleshoot related to hardware/software and technical support for major production projects.
· The person is responsible for customer support including regular inspections, feedback collection, and remote assistance for system installations, software configurations and deployments.
· The specialist reports to the CTO and works with R&D team to support new projects and plans in terms of investigating basic technology routes, handling company network faults, working along with assembly, testing and QC personnel for sending out final shipments.
· Interpersonal skills should be excellent.
· All the technical support cases should be documented and reported to QC Manager in a timely manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or Electrical engineering or an equivalent
· Knowledge of LAN and WAN design; configuration and management of network protocols; routing; VLANS; network security policies and principles of VPN technology; knowledge of configuration of routers, firewalls and Layer 2 and Layer 3switches independently.
· Familiar with VMware cluster configuration and maintenance; proficiency in windows server series operating systems, masters DNS, DHCP, IIS, AD, Exchange and other related configurations
· Familiar with LINUX Operating system, proficiency in configuration and optimizing LAMP, Tomcat, Shell/Python programming, saltstack automation operation and maintenance management.
· Knowledge about installation and commissioning of mainstream server and related product knowledge.
· Basic knowledge of computer networking systems with skills to plan, administers, configure and maintain individual and networked system.
· Excellent problem solving with good analytical skills
· Excellent fluency in English as the person is responsible for frontline tech support. Spanish as a second language considered as an asset
· Ability to work with customers in a professional, courteous, and helpful manner
· Strong interpersonal communication skills
· Team player
· Flexible working hours
How to Apply