Computer Network Technician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer Network Technicians (2281)
NOC Job Title: Computer Network Technician
Expires in 37 days
Last Updated: 2020-01-20
Job Number: 605828
• Maintaining, troubleshooting and administering the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment;
• Evaluation and installation of computer hardware, networking software, operating system software and software applications;
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks;
• Providing problem-solving services to network users;
• Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading Web-server hardware and software;
• Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls; conduct monthly service tests on the software and network to ensure proper quality and security standards are met.
• Proposes and develops, using software or a programing language, applications or computerized tools according to the needs of the unit or problems encountered.
• Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance;
• Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records, data backups and disaster recovery operations; conduct tests and perform security and quality controls;
• Administer and keep up-to-date company web site
• Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software.
Work conditions & Physical capabilities:
Fast paced environment, Attention to detail.
Reliability, Team Player, Flexibility, Accuracy.
Preference will be given to someone with experience in TV Channel industry.
How to Apply