Computer System Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Computer and Information Systems Managers (0213)
NOC Job Title: Computer Department Co-Ordinator
Expires in 42 days
Last Updated: 2020-01-27
Job Number: 606085
22135 Ness Lake Road
Prince George, British Columbia
V2L 3L9, Canada
Industrial Forestry Service Ltd.’s history is firmly rooted in the BC forest industry. After over 60 years, our track record of consulting and executing projects throughout Western Canada has made us the longest running forest consulting firm operating in Western Canada. Many of our senior consultants have been with us for more than 20 years, and our staff are experienced in all types of forest development projects across most silviculture and harvesting systems. We have a solid background in legislative and regulatory requirements for all forest tenures in BC.
Our Ness Lake Forest Seedling Nursery are currently looking for a System Coordinator to join our team of experienced and knowledgeable staff. The successful candidate will join an established forest seedling nursery business that has been operating for over 40 years and will enjoy a high-paced, dynamic team-based work environment.
Established in 1980 and located approximately 20 km northwest of Prince George, the nursery facility is comprised of 110 computer controlled free standing greenhouses, over 20 buildings and structures including an integrated cold storage and thawing/shipping facility, a fleet of vehicles and equipment including automated seedling sowing and lifting production lines.
· Maintain computerized nursery seedling inventory tracking system programs.
· Undertake systems, technological and equipment improvement initiatives.
· Configure hardware and software on computers, laptops and tablets.
· Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network problems.
· Working with leadership team, contribute to the development and evolution of the Nursery Quality Management System (QMS).
· Participate in nursery operations such as sowing, growing, lifting and cold storage operations.
General skills and qualifications:
- Computer systems, software and networks, including wireless networks.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting with respect to equipment and systems.
- Warehouse management, shipping and receiving, inventory tracking and logistics.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle constantly changing work priorities.
- Excellent communication and team work skills.
- A technical diploma, degree or previous experience in logistics, computer systems will be considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license.
Wages and Benefits:
· The wage offered for this position will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
· Extended Health Benefits are available.
· After one full year of employment, inclusion into the IFS pension plan.
Please email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com and indicate which position and location you are applying for.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
IFS is a SAFE Certified Company that takes the welfare of its employees very seriously.
How to Apply