CAD Drafter / Concrete Scanning Technician Trainee
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Drafting Technologists and Technicians (2253)
NOC Job Title: CAD (Computer-Assisted Drafting) Technician
Expires in 4 days
Last Updated: 2020-02-04
Job Number: 608304
5279 still creek ave
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5C 5V1, Canada
We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals wanting to learn new skills as CAD Drafter / Concrete Scanning Technician Trainees. This is an excellent opportunity to receive training and start a career in this field.
In addition to drafting work for our Xradar Concrete Scanning projects the candidate will be expected to learn how to locate embedded features within concrete structures using geophysical equipment such as Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- Assist with analysis of collected data, create professional reports, mark results on site
- Maintain CAD drawings and structural documentation
- Operate, maintain, transport, organize and clean the tools and equipment
- Engage with other trades and technicians in a professional manner
- Ensure health and safety guidelines are strictly followed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Construction and concrete related construction knowledge and experience
- Experience with preparing and reviewing technical and structural drawings
- Great computer skills, fluent in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Valid BC Driver’s License to use company vehicles as necessary
- Strong communication skills
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize responsibilities
GeoScan is the largest and most experienced provider of Ground Penetrating (GPR) services in Western Canada and is rapidly growing company based in the Vancouver/Burnaby area. Our main line of work involves Concrete Scanning, Concrete Core Drilling, Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) Surveys, Utility Locating and Shallow Geophysical Surveys. We are a COR certified company with strict safe work environment procedures.
Our greatest strength is our people, a team of remarkably talented, vibrant and encouraging individuals. As a growing business, we encourage new ideas and promote career development within the company.
If you believe in long term employment with a team-oriented company, then this is the job for you. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, on the job training and growth opportunities. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
GeoScan Subsurface Surveys is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, family status, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply