Structural Engineering Technician (NOC 2231)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 5
NOC Group: Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians (2231)
NOC Job Title: Structural Engineering Technician
Expires in 7 days
Last Updated: 2020-02-06
Job Number: 608833
103-3750 North Fraser Way
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5J 5G1, Canada
This job is posted by an employment agency or third party on behalf of the employer.
Employer Name: Lifetec Construction Group Inc.
Industry Title: Residential Building Construction (2361)
LifeTec Construction Group is a company on the leading edge of the construction industry; utilizing the world's most advanced end-to-end cold-formed steel (CFS) building design and construction technology. We are the first organization in Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest to introduce FRAMECAD's proprietary 3D printed steel framing technology. We are looking for bright, energetic people to join our Structural Engineering Technician.
This is a full-time position located in our South Burnaby office overlooking the Fraser River and can lead to a Structural Engineer position once you've mastered the Frame CAD system and its many applications.
Job Title: Structural Engineering Technician
No. of Positions – 5
Remuneration - $34.00 per hour/overtime will be paid after 40 hours a week
Hours of Work – 8 hours a day/40 hour a week
Work Location - Various locations in Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley area.
Duties: Working directly under the Structural Design Manager and Structural Engineer, you will:
· Draft projects using FRAMECAD Structure software.
· Detailing structural components of buildings using FRAMECAD Detailing software.
· Compiling structural and/or shop drawings.
· Ensure engineering is in line with project requirements including local building codes.
· Structural steel connection details in projects using hybrid CFS and Structural steel.
· College Program in Civil Engineering or a closely related discipline preferred
· 2-3 years of relevant experience.
· Solid understanding of structural design and construction practices.
· Must be able to read architectural and structural drawings.
· Good oral and written English communication skills.
· Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
· Willing to learn Frame CAD software and document preparation.
· Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
· Efficient with a keen attention to detail.
· Focused, project-based approach to work.
· Creative, "out-of-the-box" thinker.
In return for the level of experience and quality we're looking for, you will receive countless opportunities to build your role at LifeTec and overall career, and a secure and challenging position working on diverse projects within a quality-focused, safe, and fun environment. Please send a resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply